Secrets.don't ever tell.
4.24.2007,4:55 PM
Opinionated Critic.
Well, I do believe I'm allowed to state my opinion right? Yeah well, I'm feeling very opinionated at the moment.
First,
POLITICS.
1.
Prospero Pichay.- I believe he's one of the candidates who had spent already a billion in ads. The Pro-
pinoy and the "
Pangarap kong tuparin ang pangarap mo" is getting pretty old. And I realized, It's only his
pangarap to make our
pangarap come true. Yea,
nangangarap na lang siya. Will he actually make those dreams into reality? Or will they be forever a pangarap? At first it was really funny. My brother keeps on imitating him (and scary enough, he's doing a great job) and even my classmates as well. But in a more personal level, I don't like him. I don't think he's real at all. And besides with all those ads and a billion spent, he's not in top 15 at all, is he? At least there's still some things money can't win over. Tsk.
2.
Ping Lacson- This guy doesn't advertise a lot does he? The H.O.P.E. acronym is pretty good. Since it's what we
Pinoys really need. Hope. I do like Ping. Not being very biased or anything it's just that I feel he can do something for our country. Though I hope he doesn't go military or whatever torture stuff.
3.
Chiz Escudero- Being a look alike of Bamboo automatically makes him a hit with the youth people. And yes, I like him. He seems very natural. And yea, maybe I'm being biased. Haha. Anyway, I watched Wazzup Wazzup the other day and a lot of people voted him for having the best smile because it looks natural and not a phony I'm-a-good- candidate-so-please-vote-for-me smile.
4.
Tessie Aquino-Oreta- It's quite nice that her name seems to form the word TAO and I only realized that when I saw her ad with the TAO acronym. Anyway, I don't like her. She seems plastic. The I'm-sorry-for-being-a-dancing-queen and the "
Nasaktan ko kayo eh, Ayoko kayong masaktan" with matching tears is just too much. I don't even think she's
really crying. Trying to cry and not being very successful about it. Though I like it that she's being very feminist. Since I'm a woman and all. Though really, she won't get my vote. :p
5.
Manny Villar- Ah! Another natural. For me, his ad is the most realistic ad among all the candidates. He really is from Tondo and he really did "
sipag" at "
tiyaga" that's why "
umahon siya sa kahirapan." And one more thing,what's up with his dance moves? He might want to take lessons from my friend, Zari, the dance guru. Haha. Oh well, he gets my vote anyway.
6.
Mig Zubiri- The "boom tarat tarat" music for his ad is really, like, whatever. But I guess he's trying to reach the
masa that's why that's his music and besides he's really trying to reach the youth as well. Getting Iya Villania, Patrick Garcia and the other young actors and actresses proves it. Though what is up with his lips? I bet he uses lipstick. I think he's the blind item nowadays about a candidate who has he's own make-up artist inside his car or trailer. Haha.
Talk about being vain. Oh and I heard he retouches his make-up after every session of greeting people and telling them to vote for him. :D (this is just too much!)
7.
Joker Arroyo- "
Pag bad ka lagot ka" sounds so childish for me. Though the smiley is pretty cute the slogan is so..."uh, who are you trying to reach, toddlers? sorry pare, they can't vote yet."
8.
Cesar Montano- I feel sorry for him. Really I do. I knew he spent a lot for the ads and he didn't even make top 15. And now he's asking for his money back, I think. For goodness sakes, why the hell is he running in the first place anyway? I have nothing against him. Though I think his daughter is really cute. And the "
gamitin mo ang talento mo sa tama" is pretty good too. But I think he should prove himself more to the people if he wants more votes from them.
9.
Mike Defensor- Ugggh. I don't like him. Period. Lol. Kidding. His
'tol ad is so...huh? It's so funny. While Boy Abunda was speaking in the background he was just standing there smiling and showing the whole nation his braces. How fabulous. Haha. And anyway, I don't like his song. Yuck. He doesn't get my vote. Omg. I just remembered something. In another wazzup, wazzup episode. The host was asking if they're going to vote for this particular candidate. Another
guy replied "I wouldn't vote for Mike Defensor. His ad to start with is already a bunch of lies. Calling himself
'tol. tsk. He's not 'tol to begin with. He's small!" Hahaha. I was laughing so hard when he said that. (well, it IS funny. For me anyway.)
10.
Noynoy Aquino- I think he's decent enough. Especially if he took after his father. Oh my. He seems to be a complete opposite of his sister, Kris Aquino. She's such an energetic person and Noynoy..well, you get my point. Though I find his latest ad with his mother, Cory Aquino, very cute. Because of the "I'm sure he'll make a great senator.
Kung hindi lagot siya sa nanay niya." Haha. So adorable. The line, I mean. Not Noynoy.ü
11.
Tito Sotto- Ugh. He's very popular with the
masa, I understand that. It's because of the fact that he spends his Saturdays in
Eat Bulaga with his brother Vic and his pal Joey and auctioning off (by raffle) his jacket or just singing and dancing. Shesh. And the "
buti na lang, ang galing ng tito ko" ad made me go "So he's using his name to be everyone's
tito now ha?"
12.
Loren Legarda-I like her for being very natural. Her ad is nice. Planting with the farmers and visiting our unfortunate brothers and sisters makes her seem so natural. Plus, the ones in her ad are real clips of her. And I guess it doesn't hurt that she's got the
El Shaddai and the
Iglesia by her side. (shesh. no wonder she's number 1!)
13.
Ralph Recto-I like the colors for his ad. Blue and Orange. His ad is trendy. Trying to reach the youth, perhaps? It's because the youth is the biggest percentage of voters today. So it's not at all a surprise.
14.
Osmeña- I forgot his name. Hehe. Anyway, his ad is pretty simple. I think he's trying to say that hey, my ancestor is the great Osmeña back then. Well, I have a message for you buddy. Bloodlines and genes aren't always everything. You have to prove yourself out there. Prove them just what the Osmeña bloodline really is.
15.
Vic Magsaysay- Vic,
ba? Oh well. Apologies if it's wrong. Anyway, I don't like his hat. And the "batang barangay" part irritates me. I like his song though,
tara lets (minus the composed lyrics for his ad)! Yeaaa.
16.
Richard Gomez- Now what is up with him? It's clear from the start he won't win. He doesn't have my vote. He seems very...unrealistic and violent. I feel like he's a user as well. Getting to close to Erap and all just so, Erap will campaign for him. Hayy. Pathetic. And
diba, not one of the partylists(GO and Unity) wants to get him for their group? Awww. :D
17.
Kiko Pangilinan- He's got it in the bag. (winning) Thanks to the fact that he married one of the most popular and most influential woman in our country today--Sharon Cuneta. Oh yeah. Nothing like having a great wife. Huh? :p
I don't know the other ones with ads. So if I missed someone and it's your favorite. Sorry!
Okay, now let's go for the
partylists. (I don't know all. Sorry.)
1.
Team Unity- I have nothing againsts them it's just that their ad kind of sucks. The last line made me go wtf?! "
Simple lang pero ROCK!" doesn't make a bit of sense at all. Oh God, who makes their ads anyway? I think they're trying to be 'in' in the youth of today but first, they could have changed their song and their slogan. Otherwise they're going to be 'out'.
2.
Genuine Opposition-I like their ads. Very realistic. The hardships in life and all and their solution against corruption and forming an acronym from their names...pretty good.
3.
Kakusa- I like this team. Kapatiran ng mga nakulong ng walang sala. It's true a lot of innocent, poor people are in jail
because of three reasons:
a) They can't afford a lawyer/not enough money to file a lawsuit against their enemies.
b) Injustice.
c) The rich and the powerful always get what they want. Thanks to the mint printing lots of papers for them.
How handy. Tsk. Just a hundred thousand and all and poof! The problem goes away. How fair is that, huh?! >:(
Second,
Hana Yori Dango.
Yessssssssss! I was shouting with happiness when I saw the commercial that GMA is going to to get HYD. Oh Godddd. And yeah, I understand there are haters or aka
we-love-meteor-garden-better-and-the-taiwanese-F4-is-much-hotter fanclub! Unfortunately for them, I belong with the supporters aka
we-love-HYD-because-they're-the-original-and-the-storyline-is- more-better-than-MG-and-matsujun-is-HOT. :) How adorable! Hahahaha! It started last Monday after the anime shows. It's 6:00pm, weekdays. Don't miss it guys. It's really, really good! Plus, I loveeee Makino! She's so pretty and much more better than Barbie (San Chai) don't you think? Anyway, Doumyouji or as you haters would say Dao (Jerry) is much more
better and sweeter plus, HOTTER. (okay, okay, I know his hair is ugly but you should have seen him in Gokusen! That would make you drool over him. AS IN. It's not like I drooled you know. I just stared at him until he melted. Hayyyyy.ü) and Hanazawa Rui (he's also in Gokusen 1!) is cute too. Though, I'll go for Matsujun still! Yeaaaaaa.:) And the song is better too! The opening song is Wish-Arashi and the other one is Planetarium-Ai Otsuka. :) though don't be disappointed. There are only 9 episodes, 1 hour each and sadly, GMA is cutting a lot, (yes, A LOT.>:( ) of parts! ARRRRRGGHH. >:( I hope they get HYD2 afterwards! Yaaay. Haha.
I'm super! Let's get this over with.